Friday, March 26, 2010

Thinking Thankful

Today, I'm forcing myself to sit down and be thankful. That's part of this blog's purpose is to hold me accountable to think thankful when I'm not exactly feeling thankful.
So, today, going to think thankful for my washer and dryer since today is laundry-before-company-comes day, I am SO very thankful that located in my home is a wonderful washer and wonderful dryer. I can trust that after I put the dirty items and soap in, and press the buttons, my dirty stuff will be turned clean. I couldn't imagine if I had to fill a huge bucket with water and soap and scrub and scrub until clean, empty bucket, fill with water, rinse, hang to dry, you get it. So, thank you for modern technology!
I am thankful that it IS laundry-before-company-comes day. I am excited my dad is coming to visit for the first half of spring break and my mom and grandma are coming for the second half of spring break. I am excited to have my family here, people who love me unconditionally and understand me and are interested enough in what's going on with us to actually come visit us in this foreign land. Honestly, I'm even more thankful that my parents and grandma are SO close with my kids that my kids will probably be glowing during their visit. When they're around, L and K couldn't care less if we're around. The spotlight is on grandma, grandma, and papa. I am also thankful that they probably don't care if the house is clean so whatever I get done will just be nice to have done, not necessary, and will be good enough.
Have I mentioned how thankful I am for Logan's soccer? I am very grateful that he gets to have something that's all about him every week that the whole family does together. It's really challenging him and he's really stepping up.
I am thankful for all this stuff that Doc and Corrine (Jac's brother and his wife) have given us. It makes me feel humble but grateful. We were most recently given a computer desk so that the computer doesn't have to be at a kitchen table anymore and our stuff doesn't have to be cluttered on top. Instead, it's in drawers like it's supposed to be. Just before that, we were given a 5 disc CD changer and a stereo that would be powerful enough for the whole neighborhood to hear if we were interested. OH and an entertainment center that's beautiful. And a laptop before that. We're still trying to figure out what to do with it but once we do, I'm sure it'll be AWESOME. I hope that for all we've ever been given, someday, we will be able to give away more than we've received.
I have also been grateful for babies lately. It's finally a pleasurable experience again to visit with a baby. Up til recently, I didn't really have any desire to be around them. They are, once again, cute, precious, fun, magical. This is very exciting to me that I've healed AND that I can enjoy an enjoyable experience that I've long been missing out on.
I am thankful every month that I need to send a rent check to Ernie and Brandi (Jac's other brother and his wife). Since we are going through a foreclosure and we have two large protective dogs, I am not certain we'd be able to find a place to rent if we didn't have this one. They are supposed to be filing bankruptcy or selling or something to get rid of this house and we were just supposed to occupy it temporarily but we've been able to stay this long and I consider it a GINORMOUS blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment