Monday, April 12, 2010

The Mural

"So, I go to sleep and pray that tomorrow, when God is doing exactly what He knew He'd be doing, that I remember that and not lose heart and that I can see a glimpse of God's glory or be surprised by a blessing to remind my flesh to die to the Spirit." When I ended my last post with this prayer, I was hopeful and optimistic knowing that God answers prayers and loves His children. I was very much looking forward to seeing a glimpse as an answer to my prayer. I was going to be happy if maybe the whole day was absolute mayhem but He threw in a special unexpected hug and kiss from one of my kids or if maybe one of my tables at work would be a really great family to meet or something small like that. Guess what?! Friday, I went to work after taking Logan to school and when my family picked me up, we went home and pulling up to the driveway, Jacob said, "I think I'll mow the lawns." That was my glimpse, I was MORE than satisfied! It was a deep down need of mine that he would take care of something so time and energy consuming so that I could take care of the rest of my list and not have that to worry about. Thank you, God. But wait... as if that wasn't enough, my kids had a wonderful time playing in the yard while he mowed the lawn and I cleaned the kitchen because he had so motivated me and lifted my spirits, I knew I could do the same for him by cleaning the kitchen (It seems small but it was such a huge disaster, it needed to be cleaned just for us to get dinner ready!). He was so motivated by my cleaning the kitchen that he made us a steak dinner! Delicious!! And since I was going to be working ALL day Saturday (17 hours by the way), we decided we'd have a family night (initiated by the J man himself) so he ran to the store for the hershey bars and to rent a movie, built a campfire in the back yard, and we had s'mores and then came in and all of us watched the movie in our bed, cuddled up close and warm.
Let me tell you, I asked for a glimpse and got a mural! Thank you Lord for loving me and tangibly showing me exactly where and when I needed it so. Help me show you I love you exactly where and when you need it-- to your children when they need.
Today is Jacob's birthday. That man drives me crazy in all the good ways and in the challenging ways, but I'm so thankful he's in my life and by my side. I pray God protects him and gives him lots of more birthdays to spend with me.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Jacob. I hope you are reading this! You are one loved dude. And you have one amazing wife.

    ReplyDelete