Sunday, August 29, 2010

Can I Get Some Coffee?

I woke up this morning to four kids (my niece and nephew spent the night) ready for breakfast. I walked into the kitchen drowsily and instantly eyed the coffee pot and tunnel vision began. All I wanted was coffee, it was all I could think about. "Kids first," I told myself. What did they want? Oatmeal AND pancakes. I didn't even realize until I started writing the blog the problem with that picture because all I was thinking about was coffee, so tired, must get coffee. So, pour the oatmeal, microwave, get the pancake mix, get the oatmeal, butter, peaches, sugar, feed 'em! Mix the pancake mix, turn on burner. Get the oatmeal, microwave. Pour the batter. Get the oatmeal, butter, cinnamon and sugar, serve it! The pancake's burning! Flip it. Oh well, I'm gonna get my coffee. Serve the pancake, just a few more to go. So, one kid finishes while the last just got to eating and I start on the dishes. The dishes are done, the kids are gone. It's finally my turn but... I don't need my coffee anymore.
Thankful for my kids and their guests this morning. It's a whole lot of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment