Friday, June 4, 2010

The J-O-B, Grandmas, and Hurricanes

As far as I know, I'm not bar-tending anymore (with the exception of "Oh crap, the bartender can't work today! Melissa, can you do it?). I am so thankful for that! I posted on Facebook that I was tired of it for this reason and that and two days later, after my boss had read it, she took me off the bar schedule. My workplace is WONDERFUL for listening and caring for its employees that way. There's NO funny business. It's all straight forward and they take care of us the best they can hoping we'll return the gesture. I am thankful for that.
I'm going to AZ for my grandma's next surgery. I'm so thankful for that! Not that I feel indebted to her, but I'd LIKE to give her EVERYTHING I possibly can for how she gave SO much to us as kids and ever since. I think my grandma is the best person I know. She doesn't put people down even when you can tell how she feels toward that person. She gives and offers everything she can without enabling. She loves no matter what. It's never about her. She has been an abundant source of life for me in so many ways. I will not not be by her side through rough times. I love her so much.
We have a hurricane evacuation plan thanks to our dear friends who married us. They mentored us in high school, individually and as a couple. They prayed for us and handed us money when we moved to CO. They did our ceremony. They've continued to pray for, encourage, support, and love us through and through. Now, if a hurricane comes, they're going to take the kids and me in while we leave Jac in LA, in the hurricane, to save people. I feel so blessed to have these surrogate parents!

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing how gracious some people are. No matter how many times you know you let them down, they seem completely oblivious to that fact. Grace is such a wonderful thing, I just wish I did not need it so often! We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete